Monday 17 October 2011

Winol Sportsweek 2: Reflection

A terrible start to the week for me made things more difficult than was necessary, an over indulgent night in London led to me missing my coach back to Winchester, meaning I was unable to film at Winchester City FC. Fortunately Mikey was on hand to replace me. This meant however that I had to find a sports news story, easier said than done.

I settled for a story concerning the 2012 London Olympics, Winchester Sports Stadium is a potential training ground for athletes before the games. I managed to get an interview with the Sports Development Officer at the university who was very excited about the whole situation, and gained permission to film at the stadium. Gareth told me to experiment with some shots to try and make the piece interesting, however the stadium was completely empty so getting interesting shots was not easy. I feel as though I managed to make the piece look reasonably professional, using tools on Final Cut Pro to slow some parts down, and using shots to cut away from the interview, which was not framed as well as I would have liked it to have been.

I got the piece in on time, and it was an appropriate length, it would have been good to have found another angle to the story, but I feel as though I was on to a slight non story in the first place. It may be worth following it up if there is interest from an Olympic team.

No comments:

Post a Comment